Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Hurt Locker.

4 and a half stars out of 5.

The Hurt Locker is the most riviting war film I have seen since The Thin Red Line and Black hawk Down. The spot on intense direction definatly remined me of BHD.
It tells a side of the "war hero" you don't often see, the adraineline rush junkie, who needs to be out in the battle field to feel alive. The direction here is flawless, the performances are powerful and believable at every turn. I don't normally enjoy films about war, they seemed to be filled with gratutious violence, (which hey its war, right, what do I think its like, lol), and of course this film isn't withouht its bloody parts, but they aren't the heart of the picture the heart of the picture shines through them, and that left me speechless TBH.
Please see this movie, its a total gem.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887912/

No comments:

Post a Comment