Saturday, January 23, 2010

Up In the Air

4 out of 5

Up in the Air is about a man whose job it is to travel across the country and fire ppl. He is not comfortable being close to others, he doesn't have any long term relationships, and he is barely in contact with his family. He learns though that his company plans on taking him out of the air and making him work in an office in one place. George Clooney plays the main character brlliantly, hes a man on the brink of a new outlook on life, hes a man denying who he really is in a lot of ways, or blissfully unware that anything is wrong, hes the man you hate are frustrated by, but you can't help but love, and he is Goerge Clooney, I don't think anyone else could have done it better. The supporting cast are all wonderful, but Anna Kendrick stopped me in my tracks here, I don't know where that girl came from, but I am look forward to seeing more of her, shes a show stopper.
The direction here is smooth and flowing in a way you feel like your up in the air.
The only reason I wouldn't give this a 5 star rating is because, I actually expected more. I did, I will admit it, despite all its good points, I thought it should have been better. On top of that, its lengthy, and seemed it could have been short a few scenes , poor editing I don't know, but something moments didn't seem to fit, and only added to the length of the movie not the storyline.

Overall a definite must see.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/

No comments:

Post a Comment